About the role
We are on the lookout for a senior accountant who will run the accounting operations. Your main responsibilities will be to ensure that the financial information is timely, accurate, complete, and compliant with relevant accounting and tax principles.
Come work with one of Europe’s largest web hosting providers.
What will you work on?
As Senior Accountant, you will be part of the Group Accounting team and support accounting operations while preparing complex analyses. This role performs general accounting, account payables, or payroll related tasks. You will also work with cross- functional teams, support projects, and propose process improvements in a fast-paced environment.
How will you work day look like?
- Managing the AP & AR
- Bank reconciliations
- Payroll documentation prepared by an external accounting company
- Fixed assets
- VAT & TAX reporting
- Accruals calculation
- Managing the monthly and year-end processes in accordance with local GAAP and Group policies
- Provide monthly cash-flow forecasts
- Prepare statistical reports for the Statistical office
- Communication with the local tax authority and the tax department of the municipality of the capital
- Communicate with auditors and banks
- Based on your skills and experience, you will participate in the corporate income tax statement and business tax return process
- Work in our common financial system Unit4 and reporting system FPM
What will your typical week look like?
Start the week by reviewing emails and prioritizing tasks. Work on financial analysis, such as reconciling bank statements, preparing financial reports, or analyzing income statements. Recharge your batteries during lunch. The rest of the day will be spent in meetings.
Focus on bookkeeping tasks, including recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, and ensuring accurate financial records. Grab lunch and catch up on industry news. Continue the day with various accounting tasks.
Dedicate time to auditing tasks, reviewing financial records, and ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulations. Reach out to colleagues and discuss audit findings, resolve discrepancies, or plan for upcoming audits. In the afternoon, continue working on the audits.
Start the day with a weekly 1:1 with your manager located in Stockholm and then help the controlling team with forecasting. Attend meetings together with team members to discuss an ongoing project of optimizing our monthly closing processes. Step away from the desk to relax and recharge. Continue forecasting work or engage in administrative tasks, such as distributing supplier invoices for approval.
Attending internal team meetings to discuss project updates, share insights, and plan the following week. Take a longer break to unwind. Wrap up the week by reviewing the week’s accomplishments, tying up loose ends, and preparing for the upcoming week’s monthly closing tasks.
You’ll fit perfectly if you fulfill the following:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in accounting, audit, controlling, or other relevant roles
- High attention to detail and a solution-oriented mindset
- Very good knowledge of the Hungarian accounting legislation and principles
- Experience in an international environment
- Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Responsible, positive, and proactive attitude
- Flexibility and independence
- Consistency and accuracy
- Willingness to learn
What do we offer for it?
- The support of an experienced team: colleagues who are happy to teach you anything you don’t feel comfortable with and help you develop your best self.
- Confidence in your abilities: space for your own opinion and self-realization, trust and clear responsibility.
- Opportunity to grow: opportunity to go to workshops and conferences, language learning, internal training.
- Space for yourself: flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home office are given.
- Our culture: hackathons, company breakfasts, Christmas party, summer party, refreshments in the office.
About the Company
Come work with one of Europe’s largest web hosting providers. Loopia Group is an innovative European web service and hosting business with a strong focus on sustainability and green hosting. You will get a chance to work with a customer base of 650k and products & services serving 7 European markets including Sweden, Norway, Finland, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Serbia with brands like Loopia, Websupport, Active24, Planetta, Hostingpalvelu, and Domainhotelli. As a part of Loopia Group, you will join more than 300 employees in * offices all over Europe.
We make it easy for entrepreneurs and makers to succeed!
Job location: Fehérvári út 99, Budapest 1119
How to apply/contact information: We are waiting for your hungarian and english CV with a salary request at the firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position “Senior Accountant”.